Tuesday, November 2, 2010

We have arrived!

So thankful to have made it Tanzania safely! Traveling has been pretty exhausting but being here is absolutely worth it.


Unfortunately, my luggage didn't make it. We are trying to work things out with the airline, but things just don't work the same here as they do in the US. So, that means they cannot tell me where my bag is, or when it will be here, or offer any sort of solution. It wouldn't really matter if it was just clothes, but my camera battery charger is in there and I hate the thought that my camera could die before the trip is even halfway over. So, we are praying that it is on the last flight out and will be here at 3:30am. That way we can pick it up before we leave town tomorrow at 6:45am. Speaking of which, please pray for safe travels tomorrow. Also, please pray for me to have strength and stamina. I am absolutely mentally, emotionally, and physically exhausted. And we just got here. I don't think I was prepared for how hard this trip is going to be. Don't get me wrong, this is such an amazing opportunity and I am so thankful. But just taking it all in and processing it can be a little overwhelming. I guess I'm just feeling a little culture shocked. Throw in the lost luggage, the sleep deprivation, hormones, and about a million other things and it can start feeling a lot overwhelming. 


What really matters though, is that people who don't have clean water today will have it before the week is over. And that is incredible. God is so good!

3 comments:

  1. Caitlin, I feel like I just talked to you. This might be a good thing. OMG I know this is not related to W2W but I miss you so much, just little things throughout the day, you know, that I can only tell to you. I am wanting so bad to know what it was like the second you got off the plane. Ahhhh You're there! I'm so proud of you. I love you! Hope your luggage is found, I know exactly how you are reacting right now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luggage will come in God's timing. You will be refined on many levels of this trip, which means God is so totally into you! Yesss, clean water for those who thirst! (yes, double meaning ;p). Love you, Aunt Spin

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing blessing you are providing. Clean H2O!! Hope you are adjusting well and luggage arrived. Thinking of you Caitlin.

    btw, Pink Martini concert was magnifico!

    a.juli

    ReplyDelete